It has been another exciting year of pursuing our joint mission towards better and faster treatment for patients with Hematologic Malignancies. We are proud of what we have achieved together in 2021, as the HARMONY Alliance. For 2022, we will continue our journey, exploring new horizons in science and reaching new goals.
Highlights of 2021
- Our data lake is rapidly growing: over 100.000 patient data sets identified, 63.000 already transferred to the HARMONY Big Data Platform.
- We welcomed 8 new Associated Members. Now over 100 organizations from 18 countries are collaborating within the HARMONY Alliance framework.
- Our collaborative research teams have submitted 8 new research projects to make use of our unique big data analytics tools.
- Results of our scientific research in AML and CLL were presented at high-level conferences.
- We participated in EHA2021, ASH2021, EBMT2021, EMN2021, ELN2021, ICML2021, MDS2021, iwCLL20211, SIOP2021, ISPOR2021, IMI Impact series
- We defined Core Outcome Sets including PROs in 5 Hematological Malignancies using Delphi Surveys.
- We enhanced interaction between all our stakeholder groups: patient advocates, clinicians, researchers, pharmaceutical companies, regulatory agencies and academia.
- We expanded our cross-border collaboration to other continents.
- We received approval from IMI to extend the HARMONY project for another 18 months.
- We launched the first world #bigdataforbloodcancer Awareness Day for patients.
Heading to 2022, we will
- continue and accelerate the harmonization of data sets to OMOP Common Data Model
- perform more systematic Big Data analysis for even more precise analysis outcomes to translate the potential of big data analytics to patients’ care;
- promote even more the inclusion of PROs and QOL data into our database
- keep on searching for new correlations in data, and address new research questions;
- focus on the publication of new scientific papers;
- seek new European and intercontinental collaborations;
- develop future scenarios for the blueprint of big data in cancer research and
- reach out like never before!
Thank you for your engagement, trust, harmonious cooperation, and shared belief in the power of Big Data in blood cancer.
We wish you a Happy and Healthy New Year!
Receive the latest news. Click here to subscribe!